Twitter files released by Elon Musk show the FBI, CIA, and Biden administration colluded with the social media giant to censor and suppress views that didn’t align with their fearful unscientific narrative.
Journalist David Zweig on Monday published internal emails showing “countless instances” of Twitter posts being censored or labeled as “misleading” because they differed from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or “establishment views” on COVID-19 or vaccines.
Since the beginning of December, select independent journalists have been given internal communications under Twitter’s previous management by Elon Musk, which laid the background for Twitter’s concerning relationship with the FBI and CIA.
The most recent Twitter files released discuss how Twitter, with the help of the Biden administration, manipulated the COVID-19 narrative to censor and suppress information. It has been labeled the biggest psychological experiment of all time.
Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people died because they didn’t have access to information needed to make informed decisions about treatments or because they got in line for an ineffective experimental shot they were told was safe and would protect them from a virus that — for the vast majority of people — is completely benign.
You can read the thread regarding the first set of COVID-19 files on David Zweig’s Twitter account. (Click on the image and then “show this thread” to read the entire thing.) You can also read about it in The Free Press.
- The U.S. government pressured Twitter and other social media platforms to prioritize certain content and suppress anything on COVID-19 that did not suit its narrative. Both the Trump and Biden administration utilized this tactic.
- This tactic was utilized by both the Trump and Biden administrations, at least according to what was posted. The Trump administration, for example, wanted to combat misinformation regarding “panic buying” at grocery stores (which was probably initiated and perpetuated by the corporate media to undermine his administration). The Biden administration wanted scientific views on COVID-19 entirely censored. When Biden took office, one of their first requests with Twitter executives pertained to COVID-19 and anti-vaxxer accounts like Alex Berenson’s.
- It’s evident from the Twitter files that the company succumbed to the Biden administration’s requests and pressure.
- The Biden administration was “very angry” that certain accounts were not de-platformed, at least according to Twitter executives who held a meeting with these angry people.
- Twitter didn’t always do what Biden wanted, but they did suppress expert views from doctors and scientists that would have “expanded the public debate.”
- Much of the content moderation was done by bots and contractors. Zweig explains in detail why this was a problem and the bias against the right that resulted.
- In Zweig’s review, he found “countless instances of tweets labeled as “misleading” or taken down entirely, sometimes triggering account suspensions, simply because they veered from CDC guidance or differed from establishment views.”
- Content that was contrarian but true was flagged or censored.
- Many Trump tweets led to “extensive internal debates.” For example, Jim Baker, Twitter’s former Deputy General Counsel, asked why telling people not to be afraid of COVID didn’t violate Twitter’s COVID-19 misinformation policy. They literally wanted to flag Trump’s account because his tweet was optimistic about COVID. The Deep State wanted people to be terrified of COVID, arguably because fearful people are easier to manipulate and control.
- Twitter decided, based on the political leanings of its top staff and government pressure to adopt the public health authorities’ approach to the pandemic. Information that challenged the official narrative downplayed the “risks of COVID” — especially for children — or that exposed the harms of vaccines were censored.
According to Elon Musk, this was just an “introductory thread.” A follow-up piece is publishing next week featuring leading doctors and researchers from Harvard, Standard, and other institutions.